We visited LoftSpace in Arthur Street, Belfast yesterday to check out the space.
LoftSpace is an open, airy space with a pleasing amount of solid and reclaimed wooden decor mashed with chipboard partitions, that somehow just feels healthful to be around. From a lanky, firewood-laden, faux fireplace in the entrance area, deep and capacious desks stand on a gloriously golden, expansive floor. Reclaimed, shabby chic planks are arranged to form a beautiful feature wall in the kitchen, which is also lined with reassuringly chunky wooden benches.
- Two main work areas with desks, including standing desks
- A meeting room
- A kitchen with lots of space for chatting away from the work areas
- Free tea and coffee
- Loos, and a shower room (yeh, really!)
Can you tell I’ve spent too long in dull offices with drab, cookie-cutter, moulded plastic desks?
Artist touches are provided by monochromic pieces from Laura Osbourne of Orphic Illustrations.
Bonus points are awarded for:
- The conference call nook with fabulous sliding barn door (can this be my office?)
- Splashes of greenery
- Ergonomic seating
I’m tempted to say: understated. And, that is perfect. The Owner/Manager, Max, is welcoming and friendly without being too intensely in your business. He is also adept at introducing people and making connections. Residents and visitors fit into one of the two, usual categories:
- Digital nomads (have laptop, will travel) – writers, translators, marketers, online traders, designers and developers
- Non-traditional owners of more traditional businesses keen to mix with the trendy, happening crowd at unusual spaces and intriguing events
Update: Events we’ve attended since this our first visit have continued on this theme, with a deconstructed energy, accompanied by welcoming tea and snacks.
LoftSpace Belfast – Where do I Sign Up?
You can book the meeting room or rent a desk for a day online. You can also buy a flexible membership subscription plan depending on how often use the space. Once you are a member, you can connect with the LoftSpace community via the website.
Find out more at LoftSpace.