Mallusk Enterprise Park is well established in the Northern Ireland business scene. It has invested £500,000 into its new coworking facility to meet the demand for coworking facilities for local micro and small business owners in the local area.
Mallusk Enterprise Hub is located five minutes from nineteenth century Sentry Hill Historic House and local favourite Sleepy Hollow Restaurant, an impressive local business with its own Leaping Lamb IPA and Paul Dalrymple Ceramics.
On the existing site, facilities include: business training, events, consultancy and support; industrial units, workshops and office spaces; event and meeting rooms; and a virtual office service to startups and growing enterprises in Northern Ireland. Mallusk Enterprise Hub is on the same site and offers coworking space for a similar clientele.
Where is Mallusk?
Mallusk is on the edge of Belfast, Northern Ireland and the M2 Northbound motorway toward Ballyclare, Templepatrick and Antrim. Transport links mean Mallusk’s district of Newtownabbey, as well as the towns of Glengormley, Belfast, Larne, Carrickfergus, and Ballymena are all within a 5-30 minute radius.
The City of Belfast Playing Fields and City of Belfast Gold Course are both right in the centre of Mallusk. In the local area, you’ll also find a large, established vehicle and office supplies auction house; several car dealerships; a small number of cafes and restaurants including Bothy; and a few newer residential developments. And, you’ll encounter a great variety of other enterprises along the modest main strip around which Mallusk is clustered such as oriental rug shop, Mir Galleries.
What Facilities are Available?
The main facilities are all on a fully-accessible ground floor space offering:
- Coworking space for 8 people in a shared open desk area
- Five, additional 2-person office pods for quiet working or meetings
- A separate conference space for up to 40 people
- A reception areas for visitors and a Virtual PA service
- A tea and coffee station
- Catering on request
- Free onsite parking
What Does it Feel Like Working for a Day at Mallusk Enterprise Hub?
This is an independent, unsponsored review.
I was invited to visit with an artist friend (NaytoGrey) one sunny Friday in June. It is a bright, comfortable space decorated with some colourful local art.
After a very friendly and gracious welcome from the receptionist, Monica, here are are some of my observations on the facilities:
- The first thing I noticed was that – despite the fact the coworking space is built into one of the workshop units on this industrial site – the clever layout with large front windows, a wide hallway and light walls throughout meant it felt airy and spacious.
- The spongy task chairs were super comfortable – unfortunately not a given in other coworking spaces I’ve visited.
- Each bank of desks in the coworking space had a built-in, desk-level privacy panel meaning you could spread out all your belongings in reasonable privacy and have a little daydream without staring directly into the eyes of the person sitting on the other side!
- The stylish, wooden-panelled and soundproofed office pods felt very secure, with a white board to project from a laptop and blinds to pull down for privacy. I also loved the mini trees, individual heat and air-con controls, and USB points built into all the electric sockets.
- There is a huge selection of teas and coffees to choose from along with a filter coffee station and hot water machine. Our host for the day, Christine Watson of Watson Marketing, also tempted us with some homemade goodies dropped off by another one of the residents. I recommend that surprise, random home-baked pastries become a staple part of their offering. 😉
- The loos were spotlessly clean, with an amazing scent courtesy of luxury reed diffusers from local artisan Coco Bleu – bonus points.
How Much Does Coworking Cost?
- Daily coworking pass: £25 +VAT
- Weekly coworking pass: £99 +VAT
- Monthly coworking pass: £149 +VAT
- Office pod hire:
- Hour £20 +VAT
- Half day £60 +VAT
- Full day £80 +VAT
- Month £400 +VAT
- Conference room hire: £175 +VAT per half day, £195 +VAT per day (discounted for coworking users)
- Mail handling service: £30 per month
- Virtual PA service: price available on request
Prices are correct on the date of posting.
Information on Mallusk Enterprise Hub
Images credit: all images supplied with permission by Mallusk Enterprise Park, unless otherwise stated